Tuesday, January 15, 2008




The simple little woven paper heart is a wonderful project, possible even for youngsters as long as they can wield blunt scissors. It was far and away the favorite Sunday School activity. With a little planning, they can get really intricate, so can hold the interest of adults too.

The next pic is a little wallhanging I am making. The handsome Marine is my son. With the announcement of an additional 3000+ Marines being sent to Afghanistan, I imagine he will be assigned to on of the units going, but who knows. As soon as this one is bound, I have everything for a hanging with my daughter's mementos, except the background fabric.

The last pic is of a Dhali Fetish doll, made from a series of patterns by Debbie Tong Gray. If you are out there Debbie, I love it!

Now, the only thing I have left to do this week is to make my Theme Thursday Challenge piece... it will be my first! I meet my sister this weekend to exchange Christmas gifts... yes I know what day it is. But it is so much nicer to meet than to ship, and the actual day is arbitrary. Hope she and her hubby like them.

2 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

Hi Kim,

Just love the artwork on your blog and your work with fabric. I'd love to do a personal swap with you! Just email me and we'll talk about what we'd like to do!

Merci-Notes said...

Hi Kim!
I just stopped by again and want to say that my prayers are with your son and his unit (correct word I hope). I am so thankful for all of the men and women who have fought and defended our freedom.

With Kindness,
Mary

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...