Saturday, December 11, 2010

Some more done
















I really enjoy the making of things, but sometimes it seems I take the hard way rather than the easy way. I still have alot to do, and the photos really show up the flaws, but progress is being made. The well really needs a coat of paint, and I still have to make bedrolls for the camel drivers and more food for the Kings and the workroom for the potter.... maybe I will finish by next year, not this year! The coast of everything has gone up, what a surprise. I will be getting sticks from the woods next week.... three tiny two inch bits were $3.99! Can you believe it? Who would pay that? Well, maybe someone who lives in a concrete jungle. Not I. My creche won't be as professional as others I have seen, but I am having fun doing it anyway.

2 comments:

Morning's Minion said...

I think your creche is evolving as a whole wonderful corner of Bethlehem and the surrounding area--what a unique creation.
I found on-line last Christmas an old book which told what the "little village of Bethlehem" may have looked like long ago--
I wish I had your patience and skill in making small things.

Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

Kim....you are so talented and your work is beautiful. You have inspired me in so many ways over the years, this truly is exceptional work!

Love to you and blessings to your family during this holiday season. I love you my precious friend
Donna

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...