Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Russian Feast

While my garb isn't quite so spiffy, I will be going down to Norfolk next week for the Marinus Investiture, and seeing lots of friends I don't get to see nearly often enough.  I have finished my kirtle and undergown, and am working on a chiton type apron for court.  I have a plain linen apron for when I help in the kitchen.  I have my coat all ready too, and the collar is very snuggly and furry.  I would like a whole fox pelt though.  The winter seems to be angling towards cold this year!  The feast will be VERY yummy... though, maybe I will let the others eat most of the borscht.  And at the end, CHEESECAKE!  Of course, since the Cheesecake Baroness is the head cook.  Yum.  Now, where is my knife again?

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...