Tuesday, December 4, 2012

There is Something Worth Fighting For.....

It hasn't been an easy year, in some ways.  It isn't likely to be an easy year next year either.  I am listening to this more often, remembering that yes, there really is something worthwhile, something good.  My quilting and other sewing has helped me maintain a perspective, and so has my SCA activity.  But overall, it has to just come from inside, from my core of being.  Everything I do contributes to who I am, but there is a kernel of me deep inside that isn't dependent on what I do, or what is done to me.  It comes from God.  No one can take it away.  That is what I must reach towards in the end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm prepared to give my life for it, if necessary. I hope it never gets to that point, but if it does, I can assure you I'll take a lot of Orcs and maybe a Nazgûl or two with me....

Kim said...

I might even want to aim higher! Wonder how far it is to Mordor...

Anonymous said...

Some slight modifications with credit to LOTR: I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come, when the courage of good and decent humanity fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of Fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of good and decent humans comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you, stand, men and women of the West!

Kim said...

Yes!

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...