Saturday, October 28, 2017

First One Done

This is a design by Sweet Pea Machine Embroidery Designs, The Beauty Block.  It commemorates the eclipses of 2017,  memorable events, all!  For the solar eclipse, I was in an area with 94% coverage, and the sky certainly dimmed, but rather like a dusky evening.  The instructors at the Janome Institute I attended had eclipse glasses they lent us, so we all got to see pretty darn well.  There were several lunar eclipses as well, one was a blood moon, and spectacular in its own right.   With my sweet husband's and my service in the Navy, blue and gold was an obvious choice.... I do believe I like this!  I am working on a more colorful sample of this pattern that will be a wall hanging... and probably more as well.  These designs are well digitized and stitch out beautifully on my Janome 500E, I doubt not that there will be lots more to come.

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...