Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Golden Autumn


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This morning it was sunny and crisp, then the day got warmer and greyer. I still got a couple of pics outside though. The squirrels are positively brazen, altough they keep a weather eye on us, they fully expect to be fed. They even chitter at us if we aren't forthcoming with peanuts. Little bandits. But feeding them provides kitty tv for the furballs, so its okay.

Thanks all for the "tiny project" file, I feel like I can now create a little, and not get bogged down, time-wise. I particularly love the little pincushion in a bottlecap idea. Gotta go by more coke!

It has been so very dry here this year that our autumn colors are a little less vibrant than past years, but still lovely. The fabric store I work in is in a strip mall that has several brilliant maples and poplars, and one in the mall I shop in has ginkoes all over. I have been capturing them to press; too bad the colors dull down after falling.

I have also just brought in the last (probably) cuttings from the herb pots. I got lemon balm, lemon verbena and mint, rosemary (that's for remembrence) and lavender. Friday will be make skin creams day, and maybe soap too. My three day weekend starts with a day in the kitchen, ends with teaching a class, and the middle is the making stuff for gifts. Not a restful time, but surely a productive time. And that's good!

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...