Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.


The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a wonderful watercolor, giving the day beauty and peace.  

I think maybe my chamomile and basil need harvesting.  

And I guess my Anise Hyssop too!

The hydrangeas are starting to bloom in earnest now.  Last year there was a paucity of blooms, but this year, not so.  The flowers are mostly pale blues, but a few are still pinkish.  They’re still lovely!

Over South Mountain the sun is starting to sink.  Now the sunset is just north of west, but last January it set almost due south west.  The world turns, it revolves, it hurtles through space keeping up with the galaxy, but here we can only tell by tracking the sunrises and sunsets.  What a universe this is!


2 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

your chamomile is beautiful, do you dry it for tea? You live in a beautiful part of the World.

Kim said...

Betty, yes I do, yea and also I make salves and creams. Chamomile is so useful, and there are so many more plants also useful. As to the beautiful place I live, you’re right as rain there, I truly love this place.

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...