Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Memories of Mom

There is definately an art to photographing artwork. While I am learning, please forgive my shortcomings. This work is a piece I did to remind me of my mom. She is the woman seated in her engagement gown, handmade by her mom with no pattern! The blur top left is an angel, covered with a thin layer of fog created by xpandoprint. The bottom left is a young girl seated on the rear bumper of a car. I haven't any photos of my mom as a youngster, so I have simply reassigned this one to her. Although I learned alot of new techniques, its real purpose is to evoke her memory. The making of it certainly had an evolution of its own, significantly changing from my original vision.

2 comments:

Cat said...

This is a very warming memory piece, I like the colors and textures.

Thank you for your visit and comment.

:) Cat

Cat said...

This is a very warming memory piece, I like the colors and textures.

Lovely blog!
:) Cat

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...