Monday, February 25, 2008

My Daughter


She makes me so proud! I will make a quilt for my studio with her pics on it, similar to my son's, but I wanted something up in the meantime, so I made this. It is Meg in San Diego, this year, and I love the picture. I love her too. More. I gave her wings...

Also on the piece is a silver butterfly, because she is coming into her adulthood so beautifully, a heart on angelina fiber, a flipflop charm (her personal symbol for me!) some painted fabric beads, a couple more charms, and a Tigger pin. I love her so, can you tell?

2 comments:

Jo Anne O. said...

Hi Kim!

I wanted to drop over and visit and thank you for being interested in my In The Pink collaborative book...can you please email me at jmollowens@gmail.com and I will email you some information about the project!

Thanks!

By the way, this art quilt is lovely!

Jill said...

I love the piece you did for your daughter!

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...