Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Banner Day






It is amazing what one can do without walking much, when need be. I am in the middle of a 4 day off my knee respite, and got cabin fever. I went to a little thrift shop, and hit the pot of gold! The folio is a 1963 apparently complete Nat Geo Atlas at an unbelievably low price. The rest is the costume jewelry I picked up for a song too, only 1 piece over $4 ($8). When I opened one of the lockets, the picture was still inside!

Then there are the silk and cheescloth that I dyed, what a scrumptious color! And in my quest for organization, I have found a super way to store my fancier beads. These were previously in little labeled bags, that I could hardly see in to identify. AND, I didn't have to walk very much at all. A banner day, I say, a banner day.

2 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Oh how I love a good flea market find. You really made out big time! Great photos too, nice and sharp! Hoping your knee is feeling better real soon Kim!

Jane said...

Hi, Kim! Love your blog -- that fabric's my favorite color!! Just saw your post on the ITH list and came over to visit and say hello. Sweet kitty -- er, LION, reading the same magazine I'm working my way through this afternoon! There's so much to read in each issue, it's like a big, thick book! Hope you are feeling better, and enjoy some fun time to sit down and read and just enjoy your weekend.

Jane in MA, typing this without her glasses, so please excuse the typos!

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...