Monday, March 24, 2008

Mermaids



To excuse my absence, my camera has been on the blink, but is all better now. Easter Sunday we celebrated a friends 70th birthday! She loves mermaids, so I made her what you see here. I thought long and hard and prayed over every part, and I hope she likes it. She is the third one in on the second shot...a very lovely lady.

I teach again next weekend, so apart from the Beryl Taylor stuff to finish up tonight and tomorrow, I will be trying to find all the bits and pieces I need for the class. It is Burning Issues, my very favorite. Hot embossing plastic, soldering irons, burned transparencies... what's not to love! I have started the charms for In this House Yahoo group, the last thing will be embossing plastic, or maybe solder if I get brave. I should get those up by next Monday, I hope. It is nice to have a little something to work on whenever... as soon as I can find the space, I will set up my loom and get something woven too. I haven't done that in way too long.

3 comments:

mary schweitzer said...

What a wondeful gift. I'm sure she'll love it, how could she not!
Mary

Kim said...

I'll agree w/Mary - not just one piece as a gift but a whole bunch is a gift indeed , what a good friend you are!
I can't remember if I congratulated you on the Audubon prints or not - but whoohooooo!

~*~Patty S said...

That is a lovely and very special gift indeed! Beautiful mermaid images so artfully arranged, love the gauze with the pearls, so many nice details Kim!

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...