Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sneaky Little Bandit







Oh they are cute! I have been watching the squirrels get fatter and fatter... and now I find out I was not the only one in this house feeding them! DH was also falling for their innocent little faces, soooo hungry, very hungry, starving, really! One Ear seems to be almost as wide as long... and this little cutie is Junior. He has the thinnest tail of any of the ones I recognize. He is also pretty slender, or at least normal size.


The whole group seems to take shifts. There is usually one out there when I put out the first batch. Not long after, a second and third show up. Maybe one or two more. Then when Gil sets out peanuts, a whole other group appears, seldom the same as the morning. If I sit outside in the evening, a couple always show up, and get right up close, even sitting right next to me, looking expectant. I am a sap, I really am. They make me laugh, and that is something I value.


1 comment:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Hi Kim... Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog and leave a comment. I see that you live in Virginia. Will you be attending Art and Soul? If so.. I would love to meet!!!!

warmly,
Tracie Lyn

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...