Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Latest Kitty


Well, here is my latest offering to the world of kitties... she hasn't told us her name yet, but I am sure she will. I made her for my sister, whose birthday is today. Happy birthday, Kris! I couldn't put a pic up until I confirmed she had gotten there in time.
The little feathers are from the cardinal whom I fould dead on our deck a couple weeks ago. The kitty is made from a sweater I felted in the washer and dryer... isn't it great that what used to be a disaster has become a terrific process? I used wool felt for the features too, and a little trim for her collar. Her friend seems fine, must have just been some feathers found on the ground!

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...