Monday, May 17, 2010

Dog Fox


Last night there was a fox outside my window barking so loud I thought he was right on my windowsill. I jumped up to look, and it was very dark, couldn't see a thing in the rain, but the coughing, sighing, barking, singing sounds continued several minutes. He must have been right below in our neighbour's yard... I don't think he would have climbed the fence to get into our yard... though from this picture in the tree (not mine) they are well capable of it. They are lovely creatures, verminous though they may be. He must have been a big dog fox, deepvoiced and brave to come so close. No paw prints this morning, but there were some things knocked over on the deck... hhhm, maybe he WAS right under my window!

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...