Monday, April 11, 2011

The Dichotomy of Stitching



I recently began an online course with Jude Hill at Spirit Cloth. It is on making animals on cloth, and I am very much enjoying it. This piece was started before I began the class, but I am still using the knowledge even so. Also, my new embroidery module has arrived, and I am learning to use it. The slowness and individuality of handwork opposed to the speed and perfection of the machine is interesting. I will eventually use the module to do things in Maggie Greyesque forms, but I need to learn the basics first. I also can't get the digitizing software yet.... but one step at a time. There is a place for all forms of art. I enjoy both. I love the handwork.

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...