Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Busy Week

So once again, there is alot to do and only a tenday until Pennsic, but this time, I am actually getting done!  This weekend, I got my stove's windscreen painted, and decided to paint my Pennsic jewelry box as well.  I have been meaning to do it for years, and haven't "gotten around to it" yet.  So two coats of gesso, and a blended creamy off white coat later, I thought I would try to do a couple of dogs, an update on my coat of arms.  Still not quite as medieval looking as I would like, but getting there. 
I also decanted and triple filtered the citrus-elderflower liquor I had brewing, though the limoncello won't be ready until the day before I leave.  It is pretty yummy, though I am not sure Meghan will leave me any to take with me! 

This week, I finished the pop up sunshade slipcover I have been working on, and gotten a gunna and a short entari cut out.  I got some sewing done on the entari, that is being done by machine, but the gunna will be handsewn, probably at Pennsic first week.  I have a gomlek to cut out and sew, but can't get started until Monday when a friend will be back from vacation to help.  Never done one of those, not sure how, but I am going to find out!  Eek!

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...