Friday, August 17, 2012

Ottoman Turk Outfit

For the O'Choda hafla, I wanted an outfit that was reasonably period and suited to both the weather and dancing in a, well, vigorous fashion. I made a silk shirt, down to my knees, and an entari a little longer in aqua. I had a longer coat and shalwar already, so all I needed was headgear. I found some wool felt in a deeper aqua, and used the fabulous Bernina 830 to embroider a swirly scroll...and then pinned a silken veil with gold embroidery ontop.

It was entirely successful, and I wore it more than once, and danced a bit too! Found muscles I had forgotten I had!

 

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...