Wednesday, February 6, 2013

All Done But the Shouting!

After sewing the binding together, and pressing it, I sewed it to the back of the quilt, the reverse of the normal way I do a binding. This is a totally machine sewn binding, at my sister's request for sturdiness, so I used my walking foot to stitch in the ditch of the two color binding. Poof! Instant flange! I really like this technique, it adds a lot to the framing of the quilt. I really love the texture of the quilt after washing, though the binding definitely needs to be pressed on the big board tomorrow before I send it out to my sis, but it will be worth the wait, really.

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really pretty. You do amazing work. Isn't it funny how cats love to get right in the middle of anything they think you're paying too much attention to? That's an adorable trait.

Kim said...

The world revolves around the cats! I removed him three times, then gave up. Cats always defeat me!

Anonymous said...

All done but the shouting...and meowing!

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...