Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Better Late than Never!









So here are the last two weeks samples for the Beryl Taylor workshop. The shiva sticks were done on paper, but then I had to try hand dyed silk too! I used an Indian block printing block under one bit of paper, a texture plate from Dakin Clay under the mulberry paper, and a script stamp and dragonfly under the silk. Then I dyed the mulberry paper!




Afterward I attacked the embossing excercise. First I used just one coat of embossing ink on Napali paper, then the same stamp with three layers right next to it. I also took dyed silk and really piled on the ink and UTEE, then pressed a topographic map stamp into it before it solidified.

1 comment:

morningDove said...

looks like these were right on time, wonderful and great texture.