Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A New Adventure...











So today I did no art, but roasted my first coffee beans ever! A friend gave them to me, green beans from Ethiopia. I hope I haven't ruined them. Tomorrow I will make coffee, and see how they turned out. I didn't think to take a pic before roasting, but here are a few during roasting. I started with the heat rather high, then when the pan was heated turned it down to the hotter side of low. I had no idea there was a skin on them that would come off when heated! I spent some time doing laundry today, but made it more fun by doing some felting in the washer too... stay tuned for pics of that!
Karen at Crafty Goings On is having a terrific give away... visit her and check it out! Karen always has great blog posts... she does the best cards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim - You always have such unique adventures on your blog. Roasting your own beans! Fantastic!!

I nominated your blog for an award. You can find out more at http://nickisnook.net/2008/12/19/an-award/

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...