Sunday, January 25, 2009

Teacozy
















So this is what I did this weekend, inbetween looking through a zillion pages of geneology... so cool! This is for a class I teach in a couple weeks, using surface design techniques to make it cool. I should be able to finish the second sample tomorrow of Tuesday evening. I hope. I used a cotton/linen mix for the base fabric, it was a nice boring beigey tan. I used Adirondac spray paints in 2 colors of brown, 2 of green and red pepper, then drew the basic design with a fabric marker. Then the real fun began...Shiva oilsticks and thread, rawedged applique and organza burned away and left visible too. More thread. All sewn on a backing of drapery interlining (flannel). A little more Shiva, and finally, a tiny spiders web on the back window. Sew it all together with a lining of the original tan fabric, and voila! Time for Tea Cozy!

2 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

KIM ! your tea cozy is SO charming and wonderful....oh my! What a great class that will be. I just used another piece of shiva stik paper from our fun day on your deck. What a great time that was! I really LOVE all of the details on your tea cozy. I know I've said it before, but I NEED to take one of your surface design classes. Gorgeous and inspiring work!

Zeborah Loray said...

That window is wonderful
The whole piece is wonderful.

Need to look through my fabrics....

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...