So this is what I did this weekend, inbetween looking through a zillion pages of geneology... so cool! This is for a class I teach in a couple weeks, using surface design techniques to make it cool. I should be able to finish the second sample tomorrow of Tuesday evening. I hope. I used a cotton/linen mix for the base fabric, it was a nice boring beigey tan. I used Adirondac spray paints in 2 colors of brown, 2 of green and red pepper, then drew the basic design with a fabric marker. Then the real fun began...Shiva oilsticks and thread, rawedged applique and organza burned away and left visible too. More thread. All sewn on a backing of drapery interlining (flannel). A little more Shiva, and finally, a tiny spiders web on the back window. Sew it all together with a lining of the original tan fabric, and voila! Time for Tea Cozy!