Friday, February 12, 2010

Waiting for More
















Yes, more snow. Tonight. I love snow. I do. I just have enough thank you, plenty. Really. No more needed, not tonight, not Monday, not Tuesday, none. Thank you.
But the birds are flocking round in droves, and eating more seeds than ever. I have smeared pinecones with peanutbutter and bacon grease and rolled them in seeds. The squirrels carried some off and I wired some to the posts on our deck. Cardinals, jays, woodpeckers and more have been snacking. The squirrels are quite protective of the peanuts we through out. As my dh was tossing out nuts, one of our cats snuck out and found himself nose to nose with a (much smaller but very interested in peanuts) squirrel. It was the feline, not the sciurid who backed down! That squirrel was not going to give up a single nut!

2 comments:

Cindie said...

Love the bird pix - I haven't seen a cardinal since we moved west. My family is in the DC area where I grew up and lived most of my life - they are very tired of the snow too.

Anonymous said...

Your snow is beautiful, but I am not jealous :) We have had an unusually warm winter - very weird! The cardinals are so pretty.

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...