Thursday, March 4, 2010

So Cute




So I was looking around the internet and found this really cool site, and then discovered every month she gives away a little embroidery pattern, something simple to get the creative juices started. This is one of them, and really, isn't it so cute? I know, I am not exactly known for cute, but these are just irresistable! Go ahead! Try to resist, I dare you! So here is her site. I am already working on another, along with a rather more serious piece with a more celtic look and a more medieval flare.
I am currently listening to one of Laurie King's Mary Russel books, Locked Rooms. It is set in San Fransisco in the 1920s, and is quite good. She makes the times and the characters very believable, and I look forward to the next in the series, the Language of Bees, and then the new The God of the Hive will come out in the spring. Is it spring yet? I hope the warm weather comes soon and doesn't turn hot too quickly!
I am also reading Ellen Crosby, a local writer's, series, Murder in Wine Country. The current offering is her latest, The Chardonney Charade, and with it I have read all four. I am so glad to have run in to her at work. I have enjoyed each one, and will surely enjoy any future books as well. She has just the right touch of down home reality, Washington weirdness, mixed with worldly wisdom and a little viticultural information thrown in. It all makes for a very good read.

2 comments:

Yarrow said...

Hi Kim, this is soooo cute and it does us good to do something a little different sometimes.

Hope life is good with you, and yes, we are looking forward to some warmer weather too :)

me ann my camera said...

I love the little birdie on the twig, thsanks for the link.Ann

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...