Monday, May 10, 2010

Not Creative, but Necessary






















This weekend, I actually found the floor of my studio! Now, that doesn't mean it is empty, no, not yet, but we are moving in the right direction. I am determined to be done by the end of the month. I will be creative again, and do it in a nice and organized place. I still have too much stuff, not enough room, but it is getting better. I am going to take the rest of the year off teaching after this quartewr and develope fresh new classes for the new year. I am going to purge stuff and pare down activities and really try to get to what is important to me. I am not able to do everything. I have to figure out what I really want, what I can do, and what I must do to achieve it. Surprisingly, it is feeling good to get rid of things. Not some things, of course. Some things are hard. But on the whole I think I will benefit from slimming down on some of the stuff and commitments. I have an awful lot of interests, but I need to figure out what is really important. Anyway, here are some before and after photos.

2 comments:

Robin Olsen said...

This makes me laugh because it is all too familiar! Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, your life looks like its very far from being in Chicago right now, and very beautiful!

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Organizing and paring down is in it's own way creative and always a good way to clear your mind. Good for you!!!

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...