Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nature, Through the Eyes of a Quilter.





Another batch of wonderful quilts from the Midatlantic Quilt Festival....
Although the styles ranged from very traditional to ultramodern, my own tastes in quilts tend to the contemporary landscap[e and fantasy quilts, the artsy stuff. It is what I do (though not in this caliber) and what I love. I did take pics of traditional pieces for my friends who didn't get to go, but these are the ones I found fascinating. The use of color, the composition, the lines and fabric choices, all contribute to the beauty and my joy in these pieces. I hope you enjoy them too. Tomorrow, I will showcase one particular quilt that just blew me away! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...