Sunday, March 31, 2013

Why Seek Ye the Living Among the Dead?

He is risen, Allelulia!

We Christians are not so different from anyone else, really, though we should be.  We should at least try to be.  But the truth of the matter is that we are humans, subject to all the failings of humans.  I try to do well, I try to do good, and instead, I miss the mark by miles, failing to keep even the two simple commands that lie at the heart of Christendom, to love thy neighbour, and to love God above all else. 
The one thing that sets Christians apart from all others though, no matter our own personal failings, is that we have accepted the debt of Christ's sacrifice of suffering and death, and His gift of Grace in resurrection.  Through this, death really has no sting.  I will see God in His glory in heaven.  What a thought! 
Hubby preached on the difficult time Peter must have had, and I have been reading about the pain and fear Mary lived through.  I cannot imagine those times, nor those sorrows, but I am comforted knowing that I am not alone, not abandoned.  I have already read the end of the story... I KNOW how it goes. 

Christ is risen, indeed!  Allelulia!


No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...