Monday, November 9, 2020


 I have not been here in a while, FB and Instagram sort of coopted my time.  In the hiatus, many things happened. 

 I retired! I May teach but no more standing 8 hours a day.  

I had knee surgery! Twice!  I now have a matching pair of bionic knees.  So so good!

I have moved!  From Northern Virginia to south central Pennsylvania.  It is like leaving an overcrowded jail and going to Paradise!My new house rock, and because it faces east I get to greet the day each morning.  Even when it is foggy or cloudy, the sun still shines on  me.  

And I am now treating my back, since my knees are done.  Not surgery, not that, but shots and in a week, radio ablation.  I am so hopeful the ablation works.  There are still more things to do if not, but I am hopeful.  I can't walk far, and the road we live on has fast traffic, so walking on the side of the road is a bit scary, so if my back responds to the ablation, I can start on my recumbent bike again.  I moved JUST before the lockdown, and I am afraid the homemaking includes baking, and I have....grown.  Sideways.  Sigh.

My best friend lives just 14 miles away, and has been such a blessing.  Not only were both my surgical recoveries done at her house to avoid stairs for three weeks, but her husband replaced two tub/shower combos with easy to enter showers.  He does all the little things (and some big) that Gil and I can't do.  

Oh yes!  Today I am getting a new stove/oven!!!  I can't tell you how exciting that is...the one that came with the house doesn't close all the way and we are bleeding heat....and therefore propane.  Man, cooking on a gas range ROCKS.  

Time to get the stove unhooked from the propane.... more when I figure out how to get my Mac to share my iPhone's pictures!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good to see you back in blogland! I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro that I share photos between. I select photos on my phone and then send them to myself using my email addy and they come through on Messages. Then I can open them (I still use Preview, so I use that), edit them if needed, rename them and save them to appropriate folders.

Kim said...

Okay, that’s one way...the problem is I have about 1700 to do! But thank you, that’s how I will do it in the future!

Kim said...

BTW, I have about 3/4 of my photos shared between my Mac and phone, but about a year ago it stopped sharing....I’d love for it to share again, but so far it doesn’t look promising.

Michelle said...

I agree, it is kinda slow and laborious, but it's the only way I've figured out that gives me the results I like. I can also "airdrop" between my iPhone and MacBook, which may be faster.

Donna said...

Hi Kim...I found you now I look forward to reading more of your posts and getting to know you! Aha! I see you are a spinner and so much more...I'll be back! Donna

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...