Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Passing of a Friend

I met Owain many times. We spoke several times, and he was kind, shy, gracious. No, more than that. He was a constant for me at Pennsic, and each Ren Faire I went to. He was one of the first minstrels I heard, and one of the best. His voice was recognizable from a distance, and I often changed course in the evening to hear him sing, even if I was planning on something else. Once I was walking through the bog and heard him singing this song, and it was so very poignant... I will never hear it again without a lump in my throat.

My eyes are wet, and I cannot sing along this time, Owain, but I have lifted a glass to you, and I remember.

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...