Sunday, January 3, 2021

Beginning 2021 and Pennsylvania Winter.


The sky this morning was still thick with clouds in the east, but they began to break up and were already blue in the west.  Ice rimed everything; the branches hanging low, the bird feeders already in use, the forsythia bushes, but not the drive or the road.  DH and I ventured out to return a couple things, buy a couple things, and have a little lunch.  Apparently fried foods are still off limits for me....I am having a nice chai for dinner.  

But oh, the sunset was beautiful enough to get me up and outside to catch the right pic to close this post out.  

Happy New Year and Happy ninth day of Christmas! The Roman and Orthodox Churches both celebrate the Feast of Saint Basil the Greater 






    
                     

                      

 

3 comments:

Morning's Minion said...

PA has some beautiful landscapes--and challenging winters. When my husband had a semi and did long haul trucking, he was leased to Daily Express out of Carlisle. Interesting winter roads!

Kim said...

Lol, the roads can be challenging... though I must say, they plowed them wonderfully here. When I lived in VA (25 years☹️ They did an awful job plowing. Up here it’s mostly winding roads taken over by fruit trucks that I have noticed...

The Crowned Goat said...

These are so beautiful, Kim! I'm always so thankful when people in other parts of the country share their wintery and snowy scenery. We're in Florida so it's always exciting to see the change in seasons. Hope your weekend is peace-filled, CoCo

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...