Sunday, October 23, 2016

Skyline Drive Fall Colors















The colors are still turning, should be at peak for a week or more, depending on where you are driving.  The oaks are still green, so that peak will be later, but the maples and gum and ash are in their glory.  The Parkway was filled with cars and people, each wanting to see all there was to see.  I could hardly get to the western overlooks safely, so will content myself with another trip after the oaks turn.
The last photo is a quilt representing Wind Cave Park in honor of the National Parks sesquicentennial...our group is certainly not the only one to do Parks quilts.  This one really caught my eye, and as it uses a technique I am currently trying out on one of my quilts, I wanted a photo to inspire me.  This one was done by a quilter in Nebraska.  

No comments:

Almost Summer, Winter is A-coming.

The day began early with a ride north for a little minor surgery.  The sun was up before we left, but not before we rose.  The sky was a won...